Please use our facebook for more updates, picture and offers. We are under Mcnae Agricultural Engineers
Please read the following. These can be fitted by us for a little as £310+vat.
TRACKER36 – SVR – ATV recovery Scotland
1st draft – 22/08/16
TRACKER LEADS SCOTTISH POLICE TO HAUL OF STOLEN FARM EQUIPMENT
All-Terrain Vehicle Recovered within 48 Hours of Being Stolen
When Mr McKeand’s Honda TRX500 All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) was stolen from his farm in Lanarkshire, he thought it was gone for good. Fortunately, it was fitted with TRACKER’s award-winning technology which led police straight to the stolen vehicle, recovering it in less than 48 hours in West Lothian. With quad bike thefts spiking by as much as 80%* in some areas TRACKER, the UK’s leading stolen vehicle recovery (SVR) provider, urges farmers and rural businesses to take stock of their security and protect their assets.
Mr McKeand of Broomhill Farm explains, “The ATV is a vital piece of equipment that we use every day to attend our livestock and get around the surrounding land. When I discovered it was stolen, it was a big blow, as it was a recent replacement for the one which had been stolen just after Christmas. Unfortunately that ATV didn’t have a TRACKER device installed, so it was never recovered.
“Thankfully, my quad bike dealer recommended that I fit a TRACKER unit to my new ATV, as there had been a spate of thefts in the area. I am so glad I did, because police found the vehicle within 48 hours, allowing my business to continue unscathed. The farm is in an area with a lot of theft. My pick-up was stolen by opportunistic thieves, 15 months ago, with me standing about 10 metres away, at the time. It felt like nothing could stop the thefts, but now I know that TRACKER will stop them in their tracks, helping police catch them red-handed. I’d recommend TRACKER to any farmer wanting to protect their machinery.”
Andy Barrs, Head of Police Liaison for TRACKER and a former Chief Superintendent for South Yorkshire Police comments, “This was a fantastic result, not only was Mr McKeand reunited with his stolen ATV, but police also found a stash of stolen equipment, including quad bikes and rotators, which would have otherwise been lost for good. Arrests were also made, illustrating just how effective TRACKER is in helping police bring the criminals to justice.
“Farmers like Mr McKeand often believe there is little point in reporting offences to the police, thinking there is no hope in plant and machinery ever being recovered. And in areas where crime is high, theft can seem like an unstoppable force. However, this case proves the importance of SVR solutions, which reunite owners with their stolen assets, every day. We are also working in partnership with NFU Mutual and Datatag, to offer farmers significant reductions on NFU Mutual policies of up to 25%. This makes TRACKER the most robust and cost effective way to protect machinery in rural areas, while helping police clampdown on crime.”
TRACKER’s SVR devices are used by ports police across the UK, including Police Scotland, resulting in the recovery of these assets. TRACKER’s SVR solutions work like an electronic homing device. A covert transmitter is hidden in one of several dozen places around the asset. There is no visible aerial, so the thief won’t even know it’s there. Unlike other devices, TRACKER’s unique technology can locate stolen quad bikes, tractors and farming equipment anywhere, even when it is hidden in a garage or shipping container.
*Source: NFU Mutual
For TRACKER product and pricing information please visit www.TRACKER.co.uk
Or follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/TRACKER_UK
Notes to Editors
- TRACKER, part of the Tantalum Corporation, has been leading the way in the field of vehicle tracking and telematics since 1993. With over a million market leading security and award winning fleet management systems fitted to vehicles including passenger cars, motorcycles, HGVs, LCVs and plant and construction equipment, TRACKER is still leading the way.
- TRACKER with the police has to date recovered over £500 million worth of stolen vehicles and continues to recover on average £1 million worth of stolen vehicles each month.
- With over a million systems installed to date, its award-winning products ensure its customers have complete peace of mind.
- Tantalum Corporation is one of Europe’s top ‘connected vehicle’ companies addressing some 500,000 vehicles.
- Tantalum’s products have the capability to analyse real time data from over 270 data points within a vehicle, with patented algorithms. The company has established B2B relationships with fleets, insurers, auto manufacturers, Tier 1 customers and the UK police force.
- Tantalum Corporation ranked 14th in the 2015 Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100, which ranks Britain’s 100 fastest-growing private technology, media and telecoms companies by sales over the latest three years
For further press information please contact Justine Hoadley, Clare Watson Cecile Stearn or Charlotte Hart at HSL, St James House, 9-15 St James Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 4QH. Telephone: 020 8977 9132. Email: email@example.com
The quick safe and cost efficient way to replace parts.
|If you’re looking for the very best quality replacement parts, a quick and easy turnaround at affordable prices then take a look at AGCO Reman.
There’s an extensive product range covering old and new Fendt tractors.
The Katana was with us this week on demonstrations. Ran really well in the Ayrshire sunshine. Good heavy crops to show its worth.